School District of Athens
Middle & High School Administrative Assistant
Job Position: Administrative Assistant
Work Year: 220 days
Supervisor: Middle & High School Principal
Job Position Statement
Performs confidential secretarial and clerical responsibilities necessary for an efficient and effective school office that supports the Principal designee, and school staff. Performs a variety of clerical tasks requiring detailed knowledge of school procedures and policies; supports Principal with routine administrative and clerical details; maintains attendance records; and acts as liaison between Principal with staff, students, parents and community.
Objectives of this Role
● Secretary to the principal, assistant to the Athletic Director and School Counselor. ● Oversee processes for increased productivity and growth
● Establish and grow relationships with students, staff, parents and the community
● Assist the Principal or designee in the preparation of reports and documents by creating graphics and displays, using word processing and data management.
● Create forms, and compile and organize data and information necessary for the efficient operation of the school office.
● Maintain required district and State data collections.
● Complete all required monthly and year end reports in a timely fashion.
Skills and Preferred Qualifications
● Have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
● Have a minimum of two years of successful experience in a related secretarial or office position, or be a graduate of a recognized program of secretarial studies.
● Demonstrate the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management, information retrieval, visual presentations, and telecommunications.
● Be proficient in the use of Google, Microsoft Office or an equivalent computer program. ● Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing. ● Demonstrate integrity and good moral character and initiative.
● Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community.